Most of us are facing hair loss problem. Hair loss has become one of a major issue among we people and develop mental stress. Everyone wants to get rid of hair fall and want to promote hair growth, without damaging the hair. Continuation loss of hair will affect a person’s appearance as well as confidence level. People opt several techniques, remedies, therapies and so on to reduce the hair fall and promote its growth. These remedies and techniques available in the market is quite costly as well as there are fear of losing hair or may kind of adverse effect. Thus, there are numerous natural ways through which you can induce proper hair growth, among all remedies; one of the important and effective home remedy is onion juice.
How Onion Juice Can Help in Hair Growth?
Most of the people are doubtful about to use onion juice for the hair growth. And some of them think that how onion juice can help in hair growth? Hence, it is proven that the onion juice (natural home remedy) is really effective in controlling hair loss, promote its growth and other hair related issues like fungal infection, dandruff and yeast infection.
Is Onion Juice also Effective to Prevent Graying of Hair?
Yes, it is also very effective in preventing the premature greying of hairs as well as it also helpful in preventing several hair issues. It is very important to use onion juice in a proper manner to get rid of hair problems.
How to Make Onion Juice for Hair Growth?
It is very simple to make the onion juice, you just have to put a peel onion into the food processor or juicer to extract the juice. Now squeeze out the juice from the paste of onion with the help of clean cotton cloth.
You can use the onion according to the length of your hair.
1. Honey & Onion Juice
- 1/4 cup onion juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
Mix honey and onion juice properly. You can apply this solution on your scalp and massage it at least for 15 minutes daily.
2. Rum & Onion Juice
- One medium size onion
- 1 glass rum
Cut the onion into small pieces and soak the chopped onion into a glass of rum overnight. Next morning, strain the mixture to eliminate the pieces of onion from the prepared mixture. Then massage on your scalp with the prepared mixture and wash your hair after some time.
3. Onion Juice Hair Rinse
- 4-5 Onions
- 1 Litre Water
Chop onions and add it into the water, boil the water for 10 minutes. Let the mixture cool down, once it get cool then strain it to remove the onion pieces. Now, you can use prepared mixture to rinse your hair after shampooing. If you are not irritated with the onion smell then you can wash your hair with this solution and use shampoo next day.
4. Only Onion Juice
- 1 Large Size Onion (number of onion can be change as per your hair length)
Peel the onion and chop into pieces, put into a blender. Blend it properly, when onion become a paste, squeeze its juice. Massage on your scalp and hair with the onion juice, leave it for 30 minutes then wash your hair with your regular shampoo.
5. Coconut Oil & Onion Juice
- One Tablespoon Onion Juice
- Two Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- A Few Drops of Essential Oil (any essential oil of your choice and it is optional)
Mix onion juice and coconut oil together, then add the essential oil in it. If you want because it can only be used to reduce the strong smell of onion. Massage with the prepared solution into hair and scalp, leave it for at least 2 hours. Then wash your hair with lukewarm water with mild shampoo. Use this solution only once in a week.
6. Olive Oil & Onion
- 1 Medium Size Onion
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Beer
Cut the onion into small pieces and make a paste of it in blender. Or you can use the pulp which is left after making the onion juice. Add beer and olive oil in the paste then apply the paste to your hair. After one or two hours, wash your hair with shampoo. Use this pack once in a week.
- Add Onions in Your Recipes: Try to add onion in your recipes, intake of onion orally will also do the same work as the onion masks do for hair. If you don’t like the smell of onion then make onion a part of your cooking. Add it in your vegetable or other dishes to avail its nutrients.
As we know that hair is an important part of our body, so it is must to take care of it in a proper manner without damaging. If you want to control hair loss or want to promote its growth then it is better to try any of the described method mentioned above. But remembered if you are trying any of the method you are advised to follow at least 2 months without any break and see the best results. If you want to boost your hair growth then you can use almond oil and onion juice once in a week.
What are the Benefits of Onion for Hair?
There are some other benefits of onion for the hair and they are:
- Raw onion can be directly applied on the scalp for the faster growth of hair.
- Onion prevents the premature of greying hair.
- Onion is an excellent tonic for the hair thinning because it is a rich source of sulfur content.
- It also increases the thickens of hair by boosting its volume.
- Onion can treat the hereditary hair loss issue.
- It has healing properties, so it is effective in treating the several conditions like female pattern baldness or androgenic alopecia.
- Onion has antibacterial properties, so it treats the several hair and scalp infections which are caused due to the fungi or yeast.