Makeup may be vanity for some but, for those who understand its amazing power to up your natural assets, it’s an essential part of their lifestyle and daily routine. They can relate to how important it is to own the right products and the right tools because, they know, beauty comes at a price that won’t ever have to require you to break the bank.
Why you need a functional makeup kit
We can quickly think of 10 reasons why a good makeup kit is always a great investment:
1. A good makeup kit allows you to create and recreate makeup ideas that suit your taste and style. You may have spotted the right look that matches your preferences but, without the right tools, it is impossible to execute them.
2. You don’t want to waste money. That’s why you should only invest in things that you really need. These items may be expensive or not as long as they serve your purpose.
3. Mindfully stuffing your makeup kit can free you space in your tote and save you from carrying tons of unnecessary weight too. Again, buy only the things that you need.
4. Some items can serve multiple functions in your beauty routine. To keep your makeup kit lean and mean, and still deliver on multiple makeup ideas, favor double- and triple-purpose items. For example, choose a double-sided brush—one end that works for your concealer and another end to use with your foundation or BB cream. In much the same way, a fragrance-free lip balm can serve as your eyebrow gel or even to get unruly hair strands out of the way.
5. Some makeup items are worth the investment. Quality brushes tend to cost a considerable amount of money, for instance. Yet, a great makeup brush set can make a huge, positive difference on your entire makeup application experience and the resulting look that you get.
6. You want to be able to reach for the right tools when and where you have to. Avoid the frustration and tension that results when you can’t find the things that you need, and the desperation that follows when you realize you never had it in your makeup kit.
7. Makeup essentials double as your emergency kit. You may find that stuff inside your makeup kit can serve important functions in emergency situations, whether it’s a fashion emergency or, something else.
8. You don’t want to be caught red-handed by a friend or stranger with a huge makeup kit that really does not have anything in it that’s useful. You may only own a number of products but these are ideally versatile, allowing you to execute various makeup ideas beautifully and quickly.
9. A good makeup kit is the envy of many. They’d think it’s an expensive stash you have because of the makeup you’re wearing on your face. Little do people know, you have a practical, functional, inexpensive set of beauty must-haves to spoil yourself and make your look absolutely perfect for any occasion.
10. A great makeup kit will allow you to recreate makeup ideas you never imagined you’d ever be able to execute before. Sometimes, the right products and the right tools are all you need to recreate the look you’ve always wanted to have.
Just to get you started in putting together your newest investment — a good makeup kit — the top 5 products and tools you should get include: beauty balm cream with sunscreen / sunscreen with pigment, concealer, concealer brush, eyebrow gel / pencil, and lipstick.
In geist, invest first on these basics. Get your skin looking flawless is your top priority. Blot away those dark spots and uneven skin tone with products that can easily create an illusion of having another layer of skin to give you a radiant complexion.
Everything else that follows should fall into place with a great makeup idea, an eye for detail, and a great makeup stash.