How to get rid of leg pain naturally ?
Leg pain is a common problem of all age group people. It causes in one or both legs. Some leg pain may be painful and irritating. Some affects you to not put weight on your legs. Other symptoms may be weakness, and stinging sensation.
Commonly, leg pain occurs due to dehydration, standing for a long time, dietary deficiencies, cramp, and muscle fatigue etc.
You can ease the minor leg pain with proper rest and by using these simple home remedies.
Massage improves blood circulation, promotes fast recovery to damaged muscles that cause leg pain.
- Rub warm olive, coconut or mustard oil on the affected area gently for 10 minutes. For fast relief do this 2-3 times daily.
- You can also do self-massage or apply pressure to sore muscles using tennis ball.
Epsom salt soak
Epsom salt contains magnesium and electrolyte that control nerve signal in the body. It helps reduce pain and swelling.
- Add ½ cup of Epsom salt to a hot bath and mix well. Soak legs in the water for 15 minutes.
- Repeat 2 or 3 times a week. You will feel better relief.
The antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric is effective for leg pain or other muscular pains.
- Mix 1 teaspoon turmeric powder with warm sesame oil to make a paste. Apply on affected area.
- After 30 minutes wash it off with warm water. Do this twice daily for better relief.
- Also drink a glass of hot turmeric milk once or twice daily.
Ice is another effective home remedy that controls swelling, inflammation and reduces pain.
- Take a few ice cubes in a thin cloth.
- Apply the pack on the affected area for 10-15 minutes.
- Do this few times a day. You will feel better.
Tart cherry juice
Tart cherries have also antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It helps to prevent and treat soft tissue injury and pain.
- Drink 1 cup of tart cherry juice or eat ½ cup fresh organic tart cherries once daily.
Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar helps dissolve uric acid crystals in the blood. It is beneficial for arthritis and gout pain and other leg pain.
- Mix 1 to 2 tablespoons raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar in a glass of warm water with little raw honey.
- Drink it twice daily.
- Also add 1-2 cups raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar to warm water. Soak the affected leg in the water for 30 minutes.
- Do this once daily for a few days.