Garlic for Cold and Flu
Garlic is natural herb and is best known as flavoring for food. It has been used from centuries in many different countries, cultures in varieties of dishes to make the food delicious. Garlic is also used as medicine to treat several common health issues like coughing, sneezing, viral fever, sore throat, heart and blood systems related problems like: High Blood Pressure, Coronary heart disease, heart attack and arteriosclerosis. Garlic can lower blood pressure by 10% and It helps to slows down the development of arteriosclerosis. Garlic is also effective to build the immune systems.
Common cold Issue is natural during winters, and taking medicine for cold only effects some short span of time and they come with unwanted side effects. By taking garlic as medicine we can cure common health related issues naturally without any side effect. If you want to know how it works just continue reading.
Does Garlic help to treat Cold ?
Yes, In nature Garlic is Anti-bacterial and Antiviral. It makes our body Anti-oxidant that destroys the germs which causes common cold.
- Garlic has antiseptic properties that help the immune system protect against the cold virus.
- Garlic contains allicin, a powerful antibacterial anti-oxidant that kills the cold virus.
- Garlic Oil is a natural expectorant that breaks up mucus to clear congestion.
- It also contains vitamin C, Sulfur, Selenium, and various other enzymes and minerals that help the body fight the common cold.
- It contains antimicrobial, antiviral and antibiotic properties which help to treat the cold and its symptoms.
How to use Garlic for Cold and Flu ?
For best results, consume raw, crushed garlic on a daily basis, and use the following home remedies to treat cold and flu naturally.
- Crush one garlic clove and suck on it like a lozenge for 15 minutes.
- Also eat one or two fresh garlic clove every 4 hours.
Garlic and Honey Toast
- Mince garlic and let it sit for 15 minutes so the enzymes have time to activate.
- Meanwhile, make toast and spread raw honey on it.
- Sprinkle the minced garlic on the toast and eat it.
- Eat regularly to prevent cold.
Garlic and Water
- Mince 2 cloves garlic and stir them into a glass of water.
- Drink daily to get rid of cold.
Garlic and Honey Paste
Honey is anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal which helps to fight against the cold.
- Mince 7 cloves garlic.
- Mix with 1 tablespoon of raw honey.
- Eat 1 teaspoon of this mixture whenever you need relief from cold symptoms.
- Peel few garlic cloves and add them to a jar.
- Pour honey and allow them to infuse for several days before using.
- Store it in the refrigerator and you can use it for a year.
- Have 6 cloves and a tablespoon of honey in a day to treat cold.
Garlic and Orange Juice
- Mince garlic and let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Eat one teaspoon.
- Immediately drink 1 glass of fresh-squeezed orange juice.
- Repeat nightly before bed.
Garlic and Tomato
- Chop 3 cloves garlic, ½ onion, 1 celery stalk, and 2 tomatoes.
- Put all ingredients into a blender with 1 teaspoon dried basil.
- Blend until smooth and drink.
- Add minced garlic to honey or apple cider vinegar and steep for few minutes.
- Use a tablespoon of this as a dressing.
- Repeat daily to reduce clod.
- Mince 2 cloves garlic and 1 teaspoon ginger root.
- Boil a cup of water and stir in garlic and ginger.
- Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let steep 10 minutes.
- Strain, add 1 teaspoon raw honey, and drink.
- Add 3 cloves of garlic to 3 cups of water.
- Boil for few minutes and turn off the heat.
- Add ½ cup of honey and 1/2 cup of fresh lemon juice.
- Strain the tea and drink ½ cup of warm tea 3 times a day.
- Drink this regularly to get rid of cold.
- Mince 3 garlic cloves.
- Mix garlic with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Rub mixture on soles of feet and put on socks.
- Leave on overnight.
- Pour 8 cups vegetable or chicken broth into a large soup pot.
- Stir in 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil, 1 whole head of peeled and chopped garlic cloves, 1 bay leaf, ¼ teaspoon dried thyme, and a pinch of dried sage.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and strain.
- Add salt for taste.
- Drink this soup 3 times a day.
Method – 1:
- 24 peeled shrimp
- 6 peeled and minced garlic cloves
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- Salt and Pepper
- Season shrimp with salt and black pepper and leave for few minutes.
- Place a large sauce pan on high heat.
- Add olive oil and shrimp.
- Saute 2 minutes or until shrimp are half-cooked.
- Sprinkle on salt and pepper.
- Add garlic and saute 2 more minutes.
- Add butter and reduce heat to medium.
- Cook for few more minutes until they cooked completely.
- Stir in parsley and lemon.
- Have it when it is hot.