Baby corn has various way of making its recipe like baby corn pakoda recipe, munchuriyan, chili recipe etc. Today we are going to make baby corn chili recipe what I experienced by my aunt, she is a great cook.
Baby Corn Recipes
minutes | 15 minutes | 45 minute30
Ingredients (Required for Chili Baby Corn)
- 12 to 15 baby corn
- ½ inch ginger (finely chopped)
- 2 to 3 green Chilies
- 3 to 4 garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 big onion (finely chopped)
- 1 small capsicum (sliced)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce (based on your required)
- 1 teaspoon celery (chopped)
- 2 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon corn flour to be sprinkled from above
- salt as required
- black pepper powder as required
- sugar as required
- 2 to 3 teaspoon oil for frying baby corn
- 1 tablespoon oil for the sauce
Additional Ingredients Addition to get more spicy
Ingredients (Required for Batter)
- 2 to 3 tablespoon finely grounded wheat flour (maida)
- 2 to 3 tablespoon corn flour
- water as required to make a thick paste
#1 Make a smooth paste with the corn flour, finely grounded wheat flour (maida), salt, pepper and water.
#2 Rinse and dry the baby corn.
#3 Chop the baby corn into large pieces.
#4 Heat the oil on a frying pan.
#5 Dip each baby corn piece in the batter and coat it well with the batter.
#6 Pan Fry the baby corn till it gets golden brown.
#7 Drain the baby corn on kitchen napkins.
#8 Heat about 1 tbsp oil in another pan.
#9 Add chopped onions, ginger, garlic and slit green Chilies.
#10 Stir fry on a medium flame till the onions have become golden brown.
#11 Now add capsicum. Stir fry till the capsicum have partly cooked.
#12 Add the soy sauce and stir well.
#13 Sprinkle black pepper powder, salt and sugar.
#14 Add 2 tbsp water and stir.
#15 Add the pan fried baby corn with chopped celery to this mixture. Stir well.
#16 Sprinkle about 1 tsp of corn flour.
#17 Mix well and cook at least for 3-2 minutes or till the corn flour has cooked.
#18 Check seasonings and if require add salt, pepper or soy sauce.
#19 Serve the baby corn garnished with some onions.