Shahi Paneer, the key recipe of north India and widely accepted in almost all the Indian cuisine. This traditional recipe of Paneer has been accepted whole heartedly since royal age and still being carried on by the new generation due to its delicious and never ending dissolving taste. The twist of cottage cheese riches with excellent texture and delicious flavour when it get turns of cashew nut based tomato spicy gravy laced with spices.
Let us start making Shahi Paneer Recipe.
Shahi Paneer Recipe
| 25 minutes | Serves: 2 15 minutes
Ingredients (Required For Shahi Paneer Recipe)
- 250 grams of paneer cubed into 1 inches (cottage paneer)
- 1 tomato finely crushed
- 2 onions crushed
- 7-8 cashew nuts
- 1 teaspoon of roasted coriander seeds
- 2 cloves (lavang)
- 2 piece of bay leaf
- 1 small stick of cinnamon
- 2 green cardamoms
- 1 tablespoon of ginger garlic paste
- ¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon of red chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon of coriander powder
- 1/3 cup of warm water
- 1/3 cup of beaten curd (not sour)
- 2 tablespoon of fresh cream
- ¼ teaspoon of garam masala powder
- 3 tablespoons of cooking oil
- Salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons of kasuri methi for garnishing and better flavour
PROCESS OF MAKING
#01 Grind cashew nuts with roasted coriander seeds into smooth powder and keep aside.
#02 Heat oil in a pan or kadai over medium flame, add cloves, bay leafs, cinnamon and green cardamom wait until it starts cackling.
#03 Now add crushed onion and stir-fry until it becomes light brown.
#04 Add ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and cashew nut powder and stir-fry for some time.
#05 Add crushed tomato puree and salt and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
#06 Add curd and warm water. Mix them well and let the mixture boil until oil starts to separate.
#07 Turn off the flame and let it cool for some minutes. Transfer the mixture to blender jar and blen it to smooth puree, transfer the same into a kadai and place on the stove
#08 Add cream, garam masala powder. Mix well for few minutes.
#09 Add paneer cubes and mix well with the gravy.
#10 Now allow them to cooke for 3-4 minutes and turn off the flame.
#11 Garnish it with kasuri methi and serve.